Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to depositing and/or sharing specific content on a server handled by a hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a gaze at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to launch a web portal, mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely distorted explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between independent hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various website hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you desire to share a great number of pictures with comrades or associates since the service is typically free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email accounts. Some suppliers offer website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many video files as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to possess a website. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Exon Hosting, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content exclusively.